Lasqueti Island, BC, Canada: Special Let’s-Make-Some-Great-Videos-Plus-Play-A-Lot-Of-Poi Retreat!
Lasqueti Island, BC June 7-16 2014
The idea: Join Nick Woolsey, Vesta Entertainment, and guest teachers on a beautiful rainforest island to spend 8-days dividing our time between the following activities:
- Before breakfast: Yoga and other morning exercises
- After breakfast: Making fun, silly, and super useful videos about learning poi
- In the afternoon: Diving into more advanced concepts of dance, rhythm, choreography, and moves
- In the evenings: Spinning poi, enjoying THE BIG SAUNA, and having an awesome time,
- In between the rest: Being blown away by the beauty of the gulf islands, eating good food, and running around in the rain forest a lot.
Where: At the most beautiful dance studio I’ve ever seen: Leviathan Studios on Lasqueti Island!
Dates: June 7 – 16 2014
Cost: $800CAD for the whole retreat, including 8-days of amazing organic food! However, you all need to help make the videos: It’s a collaborative work-exchange retreat! This is for those who really like this idea. Please don’t attend because you want to come to a “cheaper-than-usual” retreat. I’m really expecting you to chip in. Make sense?
Prerequisites: For this retreat it will be best if you’re comfortable with all the poi basics.
Other notes: Yes, bring other toys! (fire-gear, hoops, levi-wands, juggling balls, slack-lines, unicorns, etc.). Also bring rain gear in case we get rain, swim suits, hiking boots, bug spray, and anything else that may help you enjoy 8 days in a temperate coastal rain-forest paradise.